Reflection of mind

If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Finally in Vienna

Hello everyone!
I got to Vienna eventually. Though, have to be honest have not seen the city yet. Will do it only tomorrow, Sunday must be a better day to go sightseeing.
Got a flat. Damn far away from the Innercity, and all those touristic spots. 30 minutes with a bus to get to my organisation. Actually, it is 22nd Bezirk (quarter). I think, if I shout loud enough, inhabitants of Bratislava would hear me, and not because I can shout so loudly, but it must be simply very close. The landlord actually lied to me about the price, saying that I did not tell him that I was coming to Vienna for such a short time(I wrote him E-mail telling exact date of my stay, but forgot about it when he told me that), and so charged me more money than I actually was hoping for. Actually twice the price of my flat in Fulda. And even this room I have only for six weeks, despite he offered me a room...in the attic for October, I will try to find something in between.
But have to tell the truth, the room is indeed cool. I really love it. Posting some photos. Only that it is far away from the city, bothers me a bit. It means no going out late at night. In order to reach the last bus, have to start moving from the center around 10 pm. It sucks. Means more work, and surfing on the internet staying in the room. C'est l'avi...

2 Comments:

At 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new abode. Its a relife that you made it there.

Good luck with the start of you Praktikum!!! Its sounds really amazing!

Have fun, mate!

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Lu said...

Glad to hear you made it to Vienna. Hope everything goes smoothly from now on - it has certainly been a rough ride up to now.
Let us know how you get on with your placement and enjoy your first few days in the big city!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home