Reflection of mind

If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Another week

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday I was kicked out of my room, not because I played on someone's nerves or something, but because it was my rooms turn for renovation. So, at 4 o'clock I had nothing to do, and decided to explore some of the UN buildings and facilities therein. And soon or later, that is in half an hour, I ended up in the bar drinking fine Czech beer in total solitude. But for many workers the day was over already at 5 and in a slow pace the bar was being packed by people from different corners of the world. The bar got very noisy. The bar attenders and waiters, all of Arab origin, were rushing to serve drinks to all servicemen of peace with that famous oriental hospitality and diplomacy(no, not like those in Brussels). Soon, I realized that the majority of the gathered people in the bar were interns. There were at least 30 of them, talking about the tasks they were given or plans for the evening, including for most which club to go next, and gossiping about new interns. But what was common for all is that they were heavily drinking. No wonder, prices here are unbelievably rational and low. Now, I know why there was an advert offering help to those addicted to alcohol. It is simply so cheap that one can't stop ordering. I was also persuaded by the prices to have more beer and order another one, and so on that I ended up having had 7 bottles of beer and 2 glasses of wine. Prince(read previous post) who joined me later together with Kathryn and Veronica told that it is an international area, so they don't pay taxes. But for me this arguement was too weak, cause I bought cigarettes and they were of the same price as outside of the building.
Well, now I have to hit the road to Innenstadt, mates. The weather is so fine today.
Wish you all productive internship.
Best regards,
Firdavs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home