Reflection of mind

If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity

Monday, August 28, 2006

Facilities

Just another short post on the great facilities they have in the UN buildings. Sometimes I have feeling that all the things were organised in such a way so that no employee would have to leave working place for some minor things, like getting cash and doing banking, sending a post, calling overseas, buying magazines, leaving for consulting touristic agents on where to go for vacation, or what opera is played in Vienese theatres. And these are only things that drag my attention. I am sure there is much more than that. There are also many courses offered, starting from those on HIV/Aids to languages and etc. The only thing missing is a supermarket, i guess.
Another great facility is cafeteria. I will shortly mention that too, as my friend Irene had already asked me about the food. So, because employees come from all the corners of the world you and me can and can't imagine (e.g. Kyrgizstan, Vanuatu or Palau), also tastes for food are various. So, basically you have all cuisines here. Japanese, Chinese, Indian (yummy:), Indonesian, Italian, German, French, Austrian, American (can one say that in case of tasteless snacks?) and many many more. It is only my small experience with various cuisines makes the list short i guess. And what is also important is that prices are quite tolerable. Well, not for all cuisines, though. I mean Sushi is more expensive than in a famous Japanese restaurant of Vienna. Despite, the amount seems sometimes to be intended for weight watchers, Austrian bread solves this minor problem.
So, guys, those of you who find time to come to Vienna, let it be when I am here, or some other time, make sure to get there during the lunch time. Many tourists come here, and take the opportunity. It is my hint for you.
So, I guess that was it for today. More interesting posts are to come.
Peace to all!

Firdavs

4 Comments:

At 5:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you take a photo?? I would like to see all these things you are describing.

I can't believe where you are at the moment.

 
At 6:11 AM , Blogger Lu said...

Unfortunately my place of work has no offerings of global foods, in fact it doesn't even have a cantine. We do get a free KERN umbrella and mug when we leave though. Get in!

 
At 5:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got your card!!!

I got your card!!!

You have now become an official memeber of the postcard club!!! Haha!

Thank you mate! You're tops!

Pity Lucy's workplace is so stingy, otherwise they could join the postcard club! Well an umbrella is useful for Germany.

Oh and today, my ceiling fans turned on. It's 4 days into spring and I am having trouble adjusting to the heat. 29° for spring with 80% humidity. Boy it is humid. I try to run and my face turns a never seen before shade of red/purple.

 
At 7:18 AM , Blogger ICEUS said...

Hey Firdavs!
I hope you are doing alright! Where are the new interesting posts you promised us??

Liebe Gruesse,

-Marie-

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home